Attention all communication connoisseurs!
UsedPEI.com is looking for a new promotions specialist! UsedPEI is one of the 50 Canadian-owned online classifieds sites that form the UsedEverywhere.com network and is our fastest growing platform. Here at Used, we are all about buying and selling used items and creating communities online and offline!
The promotions specialist for UsedPEI.com would be responsible for all aspects of:
Market Research – Have your thumb on the pulse of PEI/Halifax. You must be local and have a firm understanding of the various social cultures, communities and movements within the province
Event Coordination – Identify events that would be appropriate for UsedPEI to participate in. With the support of the Marketing Coordinator (based in Victoria, B.C.), coordinate our presence at these events, meaning liaising with partners, organizers and the public. Attend these events and represent UsedPEI.
Street Promotion – Be creative and innovative with offline promotional strategies. We are open to all *legal* ideas!
Charitable Outreach – Keep your eyes and ears open for ways UsedPEI can help those in need within the PEI community/ies.
Media Relations – When appropriate and with the guidance of the Marketing Coordinator, be the face (and sometimes the voice) of UsedPEI when the media needs a spokesperson.
The promotional specialist for UsedPEI.com will have:
• 2-5 years educational or work experience within the Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
• A thorough understanding of the benefits and limitations of running an online business.
• A familiarity with the “major players” of the social commerce industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communications; a friendly and open demeanor with the public.
• An interest and firm understanding of multiple social media platforms, particularly Twitter and Facebook.
• The ability to work remotely and independently; a self-starter with a strong work ethic and sense of accountability.
• A business- and sales-oriented attitude combined with a commitment to your community and a desire to help those in need.
• A creative and FUN outlook on life and work! We are not interested in traditional promotional activities! Think outside the box!
• Your own vehicle, preferably something that can haul furniture when needed.
This is a part-time position of 10-12 hours per week $20/hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to Erin Richards, Marketing Coordinator for UsedEverywhere.com, at firstname.lastname@example.org.