I have been on the road a lot in the past month but have had the good fortune to spend the majority of time with loved ones over the holidays which was a real blessing. It was one of the best holiday seasons of recent memory.
A lot of driving can give the opportunity of reflection and with that a few things stood out in 2012 to me that I consider worth sharing regarding my business:
– I expanded into Ottawa and the majority of my business is located there but I’m able to do the majority of work virtually;
– a highlight was presenting a two-hour workshop to the Atlantic Judges Education Conference in October regarding the relevancy of social media in 2012. Some of the feedback pictured on the right;
– having the 40th company go through my training program on social media for professional use;
– launching a non-profit organization called the Techmobeel, a mobile training lab bringing educational technology to children and communities.
– received close to $10,000 in sponsorships from around the world in a 16 day campaign;
And many personal accomplishments including raising two healthy, happy, awesome boys aged 10 and 13.
Some of my goals for this New Year:
– to be more constructive and efficient with my time spent on the internet and computer;
– live more efficiently and leave less of a footprint;
– gain more global awareness;
– read more;
– get a hybrid vehicle for my 21st Century Social Business. My Saab just ain’t gonna cut
and to practice more yoga.
I wish you a wonderful year filled with good health and good fortune.